Friday, January 16, 2009

No Huddle Code Part One

Many coaches ask how they can run no huddle effectively and efficiently throughout a game. I have used a number of techniques to run no huddle. The first of which is based upon a color system and one word. If I want to run an uptempo no huddle during a game I will yell out Speedway and then a color. Speedway tells my players they need to set as soon as possible in our predetermined formation. When I call a color the players know exactly what to run. Each color has a predetermined partner. Both of the colors can dictate the same play. For example I might yell out Speedway yellow or black. The yellow and black colors tell the players what play to run. Upon receiving the instruction the players get set and run the play. If the play is successful I will stay in my Speedway component and call another play or stay with the one I just called.

No comments:

Post a Comment